Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Red Feather Memories - The little Stuff


Some of the small things I remember from my childhood going to and from Red Feather Lakes, Colorado are some of my first animals and my first flowers.  The chipmunks use to run across the road and also would beg for food or nuts at rest stops on Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park and sometimes when we were fishing.  The Indian Paintbrush was my first wildflower, I remember my Grandmother, Joan Jenkins and I admiring the beautiful red flowers and her wondering what type of flower it was.  We found out later when we went to the town store and they had postcards and notecards with the Indian Paintbrush flowers proudly displayed.  We then knew what the flower was which had peaked our interest and I never forgot it.

No comments:

Post a Comment