I worked on this one this evening. I added some foliage and worked the elk trying to make it better. The foliage on the right is probably good. I want to dry brush with just a little pigment on the elk to get better shapes and face definition. The background foliage and the grass needs a few adjustments to get it were it needs to be for a complete painting.
I worked on this study of a Bull Elk. This is a combo study. I wanted to relook at how I was doing the Autumn Monarch Painting and I needed to do a birthday card for my brother-in-law. This was all done with lead pencils.
If you ride the Cumbres And Toltec railroad you spend lunch at Oslier. This is where I took a photo of Engine 487. I did this pencil sketch to start planning out the painting of this engine. It is a small one but it is easier to figure out what you want to do with it small.
I have worked on this for the past couple of night, sort of intermittently. This is a pencil sketch I have been working on to figure out if I want to do the bigger painting of later. the jury is still out on this one, but it is fun practice for me and I enjoy it.
I had done this 10 years ago but I had never liked it. I only just figured out what to do to it. I changed the background and I will change the body color on the Male Red Winged Blackbird. It is ironically too black right now which makes it to dull and flat. I will redo the black with different "black" color. I will use a mix of Alizarin Crimson, UltraMarine Blue, and Viridian, to make a more realistic black.