Thursday, October 16, 2014

My first pet dog - Little Bear the Norwegian Elkhound at Red Feather lakes, Colorado

I think it was Valentine's day 1968, my mom got us our first pet dog.  His name was Little Bear and he was a Norwegian Elkhound.  He was pretty wild and unruly as the Husky type breeds can be.  He loves the mountains and going to the cabin.  He would come in the cabin and he would spend some time in the yard on a chain between going to the lakes to fish.  He definitely cut down on the deer sitings.  He also provided me with one of this vivid childhood memories, as he pooped in the backseat of the Cougar while we were going up Interstate-25 at 55 miles per hour in the near the University Blvd exit in Denver.    Him, me, and the poop, it makes that back seat pretty small.

No comments:

Post a Comment