Sunday, March 30, 2014

Even the Quick Sketch is more important than you know

The quick sketch can capture things of importance you don't even realize at the time.  This is a quick sketch I did back in May of 2000.  It is of my son James at age 14.  We went fishing at Deer Creek Reservoir in Utah.  We went with a co-worker, Larry and his son.  Larry brought a syringe for filling the worms with air to make them more appealing for the Yellow Perch we were fishing for.  James and Larry's son (about 8 years old) ran around flipping rocks over and killing bugs with the syringe by injecting air in them.  So the boys had fun, and James caught 8 perch to my one.  I teased him that he kept catching the same one as we were releasing them back into the reservoir.  We also saw Western Grebes on the water and I sketched our Perches.

No comments:

Post a Comment