Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!  I don't really have any resolutions as such.  I think they don't work real well.  I do have general goals and one for this year is to try and finish more things.  Part of this goal is a by-product of finishing 2016 with more painting, which has gotten me to a point were painting is coming easier and I am mixing better paint and I am seeing things more easily and I am able to fix them.  So today, after waking up late, I worked on this painting of Engine 487 on the Cumbre and Toltec Scenic Railroad.  The reflected light on the front of this engine had been vexing me and now it is coming together.  Some of the details and the background still need work but I am much happier with this one now than last year when I last worked on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment