Sunday, September 27, 2015

Cape May Lighthouse Nocturne - the start

I worked on this oil painting today with Armand Cabrera, in his art class at the Great Falls Foundation for the Arts, in Great Falls, VA.  It is always a pleasure to paint with Armand.  He is a great Painter and great teacher.  Every artist faces problems when they try to convert the three dimensional world into tow dimensions of paint and canvas.  Every time I paint with Armand, I can see the improvement.  He helps me when I get stuck, spots problems before they ruin a painting, and he helps we produce some of my best art, the stuff which really moves me forward.  This painting is done from a photo and sketch notes I took during a visit to Cape May in the early summer.  I will finish it up tomorrow with some small tweaks and adjustments.

No comments:

Post a Comment