Sunday, May 10, 2015

WIP - Cumbres & Toltec Engine 487

WIP - Work In Progress, I started the narrow gauge DRGW engine painting a year ago.  I did a very basic block-in and got frustrated.  Which happens a lot, especially lately, sometimes you know what and how you want to paint but, it just does not come out right.  This has been my last week at the 9 to 5 job and in the evenings this week at the easel.  I had mother's day and other "honey dos" to attend to so I only got in a little time on this painting.  I started to add the the background and sharpened some of the edges.  I feel like I have a better idea of where I want to go.  This is not a study, but it is an original of my design and is based off a trip on the Cumbers & Toltec Historical Railroad in Colorado and New Mexico back in 2010.  I have lots of sketches and paintings in me, just need the time to put them on canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment